What’s New in Wirecast 7
Telestream has finally launched version 7 of Wirecast. The first thing we noticed is Wirecast’s new logo, which if you slightly rotate looks kind of like a party hat! Version 7 comes with a plethora of improvements and new features. Wirecast 6 was released almost 2 years ago, so version 7 has been a long time in the making.
At first look, the latest version of Wirecast looks great. We’re excited to begin our dive into trying out all the new features.
The top new improvements and features (Taken directly from Telestream’s website):
- GPU-accelerated encoding – Take advantage of powerful, cost-efficient hardware encoding capabilities for better performance. (Requires Intel QuickSync or nVidia NVENC hardware).
- Lower CPU Usage – Wirecast 7 uses less of your CPU overall than any previous version due to performance optimizations.
- Tools for monitoring – Graphic representations of System CPU usage, memory, framerate, bitrate, and RTMP Queue size help you see the strength of your stream or diagnose problems.
- Dynamic Editor – Resize, position, crop, flip rotate, add color correction filters and more. Use Wirecast’s powerful graphic editing features to compose picture-in-picture shots or layer up to 250 different sources on screen at the same time!
- Output Statistics – Displays the statistics window for your broadcast. You can select to display: Framerate, System CPU Usage, and System Memory Usage.Improved CPU utilization for smoother, faster streams
- Video Sync – Delay the video and/or audio of an incoming source to better sync. Save thousands of dollars on expensive hardware.GPU-Accelerated encoding for better performance and less CPU usage
- Global Hotkey Manager – With our new Global Hotkey Management System, you can now create your own hotkeys for switching, replay or any repetitive task in Wirecast.General stability improvements and decreased CPU usage!
- Audio Mixing – Our built-in audio mixer allows for better control over any audio source. Mix-minus, panning, solo, mute and audio playout device selection are some of the powerful new audio features we’ve added.Global Hotkey Manager
- ISO Recording – Create high-resolution recordings of your individual (isolated) cameras or audio sources. Isolate clean shots (no titling or lower thirds) that can be used later for editing offline or for live replay during an event.
- New Ways to Configure Text – Add text to your broadcast from a variety of sources: typed in text, from a file, or from an RSS feed. Type in text and display it instantaneously. Use file-based text monitoring to read data from an external .txt file. The RSS feed feature allows you to have a running ticker built into your shots through the text widget.
- Color Correction – Adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, hue and saturation for all of your video and graphic sources.