StreamShark’s Matrox Integration
We’re thrilled to announce StreamShark’s integration with Matrox® which makes it effortless to live stream events with the Matrox® Monarch family of H.264 encoding appliances – the Monarch HDX and Monarch HD.
Hardware Encoders for Live Streaming for Enterprise, Church, Education and Conference
Hardware encoders such as the Monarch HDX/HD are a great option for video teams to use in situations where a portable setup is required or where there are many rooms at the venue from where events can be live streamed. For example,
- a company with multiple meeting rooms might be live streaming a public (external) event or a confidential (internal) product demo to employees across offices.
- a university with multiple lecture halls live streaming lectures to students (part of a distance-learning or MOOC program)
- a church that live streams services and sermons from its studio, prayer hall, or worship rooms to its members.
- a conference center with multiple conference rooms simultaneously streaming multiple conference tracks live.
Challenges in Live Streaming with Hardware Encoders
The key challenges we see in the workflow for using hardware (or software) encoders for live streaming include:
- The requirement for a technician to be on-site in order to manage live stream hardware encoders following the initial setup.
- The time it takes to identify and configure multiple hardware encoders at a site. Imagine the time or technicians required to identify, control, configure and stream from 10 or even 20 encoders across a building.
- The ease of making errors when trying to replicate stream settings for your streaming destination in the configuration settings for your hardware encoder. While such errors are minor, they might lead to wasting a lot of time spent debugging.
Live Streaming is Easy with StreamShark and Matrox H.264 Encoding Appliances
We’ve addressed the challenges listed above with our powerful new integration for Matrox® Monarch family of H.264 encoding appliances. Now, from within your StreamShark Live Streaming Event platform, you can:
- Remotely control multiple Monarch HDX/HD encoders for broadcast streaming.
- Give more user-friendly, easily identifiable names for your Monarch HDX/HD appliances. Once you’ve identified the encoder you want to re-configure from the list, update its settings with a click.
- Link your Monarch HDX/HD encoder to your streaming event. There is no need to copy the stream settings again.
We’ve also added a support document on How to Live Stream Using Matrox Monarch HDX/HD Encoders that describes how you can use StreamShark to remotely configure and control your Monarch HDX/HD streaming appliance.
We love making live streaming effortless for users and this latest integration not only improves the workflow for using hardware encoders but also makes it efficient to manage a large number of encoders remotely. If you have any questions about the new integration, feel free to email us at email@example.com.